What Kind of Lessons do you offer?
At Stunning Strings we offer in-person or online traditional and Suzuki Method lessons. Never heard of the Suzuki Method? The Suzuki Method is an international method that includes pillars of aural development, learning with other children and parent partnership in the learning process, all done in a nurturing environment with lots of fun and games! This is an especially effective approach for young children. Want to know more about the Suzuki Method? Visit the SAA website here.
Weekly private lessons for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players ages four and up.
The studio runs on a semester schedule for students ages 4 -18. Adult students may register for a customized package of lessons.
Lessons are scheduled in 30, 45 or 60 minute increments.
New students may join on a rolling basis provided there are studio openings.
Fall Semester (16 weeks): Lessons Start September 19th
Spring Semester (16 weeks): Lessons Start January 19th (payment due 12/12/22)
Make-Up Period: June 1st – June 30th
This is for any excused student absences and teacher absences not already made up.
Students may choose to add additional continuing lessons if all lessons have been taught.
Contact me for rates and more information.
- Private lessons
- Ongoing as-needed support throughout the week
- Instructor’s time at recitals, accompanist rehearsals and any outreach concerts
- Recital venue
- Student recommendation letters
Make Up Policy
- One excused absence is allowed per semester. An absence is considered excused if 24 hours advance notice is given. Any additional excused absences will be given and made up at the teacher’s discretion.
- Teacher absences will be rescheduled or made up during the make-up period at the end of the year.
- When a conflict or illness prevents lesson attendance, parents and students are encouraged to trade lesson times with another student.
- Do not come to your lesson you are sick. If you would like to take a lesson while ill, an online lesson is a great alternative. Sick students will be sent home.
- If late to your lesson, the lesson will end at the scheduled time. If late more than half the amount of your scheduled lesson time, the lesson is forfeited.
- If there is inclement weather preventing travel, lessons will be online. A school calendar with holidays and vacation weeks is provided upon enrollment.
Do you offer online lessons?
Yes, when the pandemic arrived, I pivoted and successfully taught my students online.
Zoom lessons are always an option.
Do you offer every other week lessons?
On a case-by-case basis. Contact me to discuss.
Will I need an instrument?
Each student will need to have access to an instrument for regular home practice between their weekly lessons. Instruments can be rented from local instrument dealers for as low as $20 per month, or purchased.
Please note, some four year-old students will not need an instrument immediately, we will make one together!
What are your COVID protocols?
At this time masks are optional per the student and their parent. If a student opts to wear a mask, I will wear a mask as well. The studio is equipped with a UV light air filter. All students are required to wash their hands before beginning their lesson.
Do you perform?
Yes, see my bio for information about my performance background. If you’re looking for live music for your next event click here to learn more.